What's THIS?! A new post page instead of just editing the old tier list?! But we were so close to 100 comments! (99 current) Well...I figured, new layout, new habits, you know.
SEASON 3 - ZED PATCH SOLO QUEUE TIER LIST
Tier 2: Ahri, Singed, Cassiopeia, Orianna, Lux, Kennen, Irelia, Nautilus, Caitlyn, Vladamir, Sona, Jayce, Evelynn, Alistar, Mordekaiser, Nidalee, Soraka, Leona, Janna, Lulu, Galio, Kayle, Riven, Vayne, Maokai, Nocturne, Anivia, Dr. Mundo, Jarvan IV, Tristana, Shyvana, Ashe, Sivir, Draven, Miss Fortune, Cho'gath
Tier 3: Skarner, Shaco, Yorick, Syndra, Sion, Kassadin, Fizz, Swain, Renekton, Udyr, Talon, Annie, Brand, Fiddlesticks, Xin Zhao, Viktor, Veigar, Pantheon, Rammus, Varus, Urgot, Gangplank, Malzahar, Xerath, Teemo, Olaf, Hecarim, Wukong, Akali, Zilean, Twitch
Tier 4: Heimerdinger, Kog'Maw, Warwick, Kha'Zix, Zed, Ziggs, Trundle, Sejuani, Volibear, Garen, Tryndamere, Poppy, Leblanc, Nasus, Fiora, Master Yi, Karma
- Heroes in BOLD I will talk about shortly
- Heroes in Italics may be over/undervalued, but aren't/haven't played enough for me to make a better judgement.
Zed Patch Updates
- Zyra: Zyra is still an absolute monster in this patch. Sure she requires some decent amount of skill to use correctly, but she offers an incredible amount in terms of burst damage and versatility.
- Shen: Although he currently has a negative win percentage in solo queue, this is mostly as a result of the fact that nobody's ever able to practice him, but decide to use him anyway. If you can pull a 50% win rate as first time Shens, well...not bad.
- Jax: Jax has always been strong. He's the champ. Moving him up seeing as how Jayce was nerfed and Jax can reign supreme.
- Elise: To be honest I haven't seen too much Elise play, but from what I have seen is, she is extremely powerful and extremely annoying with her harass. Her nuke is a little harder to get in range for than I initially thought, but her animations make her extremely sneaky. Her kit is also very versatile.
- Lux: Lux is surprisingly strong right now, I hadn't realized how amazing she is when you pop an Athene's Unholy Grail on her.
- Nautilus: Still a very strong jungler at lower Elos, he's fairly easy to counterjungle if the enemy jungler knows what he's doing and has a team to back him up; while this doesn't happen often in solo queue, it still makes for some sad Nautilus games.
- Jayce: His nerfs hit him pretty hard. He's still very very strong, but by no means faceroll OP anymore. Nice work Riot!
- Evelynn: Nerfs to her are pretty strong as well. Like Jayce, she's also still very strong, but it will take a few nerfs to the other OP mids before Evelynn takes back her throne.
- Alistar: Much like the aforementioned Shen Syndrome, the Alistar Syndrome hits pretty hard as well.
- Skarner: By no means a poor jungler, he simply never gets to play to his full potential since he needs his early game blue to maximize his strength. However, if you play him alongside the highly popular Katarina in the Zed Patch, he can easily be Tier 1 or 2.
- Yorick: His ghouls...so slow...mana costs...so high...glory down.
- Rammus: Unless he snowballs (or powerballs) into a sizable lead, he's pretty ignorable at the moment, especially with unit collision in the state it's in right now.
- Wukong: I feel like I'm going to get some heat for this one, but Wukong just simply isn't that strong at the moment, especially with faceroll characters like Jax, Lee Sin, Darius, Etc. dominating top lane at the moment. With no CC it also makes it more difficult to make successful jungle ganks.
- Kog'Maw: This guy's gonna earn me some heat too. However, he's just really squishy considering the introduction of all these new burst assassins.
- Zed: Haven't seen much of this guy, but the I feel like the best he can hope for is for people to die to him thinking he does no damage. He's no purple caster minion, but I think there are better options.
- Ziggs: His mana costs are too high, damage too random.
- Many of you will probably question heroes in Tiers 3 and 4. While these heroes CAN do well, and in the games that they do well they'll do VERY well, they usually need a good early start to do so and an ally/enemy team comp that suits them well.
- I personally main Tier 4 AP Yi on my smurf...SSoAPYi
- Naturally anybody can dominate with any hero if they're good enough at that hero, but certain heroes are simply more consistent to win with, which is crucial in solo queue.
- Late game heroes will naturally be lower on the tier list in the current snowball meta whereas heroes that can snowball quickly and have AOE abilities will be higher simply because no matter how badly your team is failing, you have the chance of simultaneously killing 5 heroes in a single burst with the right set-up.
- The ability to solo an entire team gives a champion a very strong presence in solo queue.
- Tanky champions that deal high burst and have good survivability and/or strong + safe damaging attacks are also ideal in solo queue where you might not be able to trust your tank line to peel.