This isn't even my final form...
Tier 1: Evelynn, Jayce, Alistar, Shen, Zyra, Diana, Ahri, Kennen, Morgana, Malphite, Rumble, Amumu, Twisted Fate, Ezreal, Taric, Corki, Graves, Nunu, Nautilus, Dr. Mundo, Skarner, Soraka, Janna, Lee Sin, Blitzcrank, Ryze, Rengar, Vladamir, Cassiopeia, Shaco, Kassadin, Darius, Jax
Tier 2: Sona, Katarina, Karthus, Mordekaiser, Hecarim, Nidalee, Yorick, Leona, Gragas, Lulu, Sion, Wukong, Galio, Singed, Kayle, Riven, Warwick, Vayne, Maokai, Nocturne, Irelia, Anivia, Orianna, Jarvan IV, Tristana, Kog'Maw, Shyvana, Rammus, Ashe, Sivir, Draven, Miss Fortune, Caitlyn
Tier 3: Fizz, Kha'Zix, Swain, Renekton, Udyr, Talon, Annie, Brand, Fiddlesticks, Cho'gath, Xin Zhao, Viktor, Pantheon, Varus, Urgot, Gangplank, Malzahar, Xerath, Teemo, Olaf, Akali, Zilean, Ziggs, Twitch
Tier 4: Heimerdinger, Syndra, Trundle, Sejuani, Volibear, Garen, Tryndamere, Poppy, Leblanc, Nasus, Veigar, Lux, Fiora, Master Yi, Karma
- Heroes in BOLD I will talk about shortly
- Heroes in Italics may be over/undervalued, but aren't/haven't played enough for me to make a better judgement.
- Evelynn: Her damage output is on par if not higher than most other AP casters. This along with the fact that she will almost always get the first hit off on an enemy 1v1 means that she will generally win most fights. This coupled with her ability to easily gank warded lanes makes her an absolute beast in solo queue, especially with her amazing wave clear in mind.
- Jayce: He has no counters. He cannot be stopped. He is op.
- Zyra: Zyra's kit makes her an absolutely amazing counter initiator, initiator, and her damage output is no joke either. Several teams have also had decent success with her as a support hero as well, which gives you an idea of just how versatile her kit is.
- Nunu: His kit is simply showing more and more power as both a jungler and a support. His nerfs barely touched him.
- Rengar: Rengar's extremely strong at the moment and snowballs very hard.
- Katarina: Katarina always had an easy time against most AP casters mid, and now with her changes she's actually benefiting from the changes, despite original outcry.
- Kha'Zix: Hard to say how strong he is so far. He can't build as tanky as Rengar, but his gap closers still make him a pretty decent champion. Will reserve judgement for now.
- Varus: As more melee assassins are released with gap closers, Varus just keeps looking worse and worse.
- Syndra: Syndra very strong, but her burst speed is a little too slow. If they target her down at the start she'll be dead very very fast. She has good potential, but they need to speed up some of her particle animations imo.
- Nasus: Don't get me wrong, I love Nasus, but the fact is that in solo queue you'll see a lot of 20 minute surrenders. That means the game will be over before you get to smash anything hulk boy.
- Many of you will probably question heroes in Tiers 3 and 4. While these heroes CAN do well, and in the games that they do well they'll do VERY well, they usually need a good early start to do so and an ally/enemy team comp that suits them well.
- I personally main Tier 4 AP Yi on my smurf...SSoAPYi
- Naturally anybody can dominate with any hero if they're good enough at that hero, but certain heroes are simply more consistent to win with, which is crucial in solo queue.
- Late game heroes will naturally be lower on the tier list in the current snowball meta whereas heroes that can snowball quickly and have AOE abilities will be higher simply because no matter how badly your team is failing, you have the chance of simultaneously killing 5 heroes in a single burst with the right set-up.
- The ability to solo an entire team gives a champion a very strong presence in solo queue.
- Tanky champions that deal high burst and have good survivability and/or strong + safe damaging attacks are also ideal in solo queue where you might not be able to trust your tank line to peel.